Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Optical Illusions

One of my partners in my museum internship is developing a demonstration focusing on optical illusions and the brain adaptations that cause them. She found this really cool website that collects a lot of the famous illusions together with images and movies.

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/index.html

It's a great website with a lot of trippy visuals and comprehensive explanations of what's going on, so I thought I would share. Definitely worth a half-hour of clicking.

For my project, I proposed to develop an exhibit to teach astronomy using the GeoWall, which is a new technology that allows museums to implement 3-D virtual reality exhibits really cheaply. My idea was to develop a hands-on, video-game-esque exhibit that allows kids to fly-through space and learn a bit about astronomy on the way (hopefully). With luck it'll get selected and someday come to fruition, but we'll see.

No comments: