- Fitzcarraldo (dir. Werner Herzog) -- A gorgeous, mesmerizing, problematic and deeply weird story about an opera-fanatic with a bizarre scheme to move a steamship over a mountain. If that sentence doesn't make any sense, well, I guess you have to see it.
- Z (dir. Costa-Gavras) -- A tense, old-school political thriller from the '60s about the overthrow of a dictatorship in Greece, now with newly added relevance due to the wave of revolutions in the Middle East.
- Inception (dir. Christopher Nolan) -- Loved it, but need to see this one again...
- Moon (dir. Duncan Jones)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (dir. Wes Anderson)
- Avatar (dir. James Cameron)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (dir. Edgar Wright) -- Fun and cute.
- Rachel Getting Married (dir. Jonathan Demme)
- The Devil's Backbone (dir. Guillermo del Toro)
- The Kids Are Alright (dir. Lisa Cholodenko)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Favorite Movies 2010
Annnnd, here are some of the movies that I saw over the past year that I liked.