Friday, August 31, 2007

California

A few weeks ago we got back from an extremely relaxing vacation to California. I think I'm still feeling the residual good vibes from the trip. So here are some pictures of blue sky and other good things.


The primary reason for the trip was to attend my Grandma Mary's 90th birthday party and my Grandma Quinn's 85th. My parents also snuck a small baby shower into the schedule. It had been way too long since we had seen some family friends and some branches of the family tree. Here's my Dad with two of his siblings.


My Aunt Kathleen chatting with my Mom's tennis partner Charlene.


After two days of non-stop partying, we retreated up to the mountains and proceeded to sit on our butts for two whole days, drink beer, eat chips and salsa and stare at the beauty of nature. Which was absolutely perfect.


Before heading back, we dropped in on a few friends up in the Bay Area and gathered them together for dinner.




Here are Le and I, modeling our sweet EJ t-shirts.


Cathy stretches!


On our way back across the continent, we parachuted down into Mount Vernon, Iowa for Laura Jean to officiate her cousin Peter's wedding. I'm pretty sure we were in Iowa for less than 24 hours.


Here are Jesse and Amy, looking pleased...


... and Peter and Mardi looking happily married.

No comments: